The Worm Factory®
What is The Worm Factory® and how does it work?
The Worm Factory® is a multi-tray worm composter that helps manage the composting process.
Fill each stacking tray with food scraps, junk mail and other household and garden waste. Worms start in the bottom tray and migrate upward as they break down the waste. This allows worms to separate themselves from the finished compost making it easy to add nutrient-rich fertilizer to plants and gardens without sorting worms. In full operation, The Worm Factory® houses about 6 to 10 pounds of worms and they typically consume about 1/2 of their body weight in food each week.
Additionally, nutrient-rich moisture is captured in the collection tray and can be drained as liquid fertilizer known as "worm tea".
You can use either Red Wiggler or African Nightcrawlers in our Worm Factory®. They both work just fine.
What are the benefits of using The Worm Factory®?
The Worm Factory® is Compact:
With its square design and having the smallest footprint of all the worm composters, The Worm Factory® works great for anyone with space requirements. The Worm Factory® uses a tray stacking system which allows it to hold the largest capacity of compost in the smallest amount of space.
The Worm Factory® is Odorless:
The ventilation lid allows proper air flow and the instruction manual helps you manage The Worm Factory® correctly to prevent odor. This means that The Worm Factory® can be used year round and can be housed anywhere including apartments, kitchens, garages, porches, etc.
The Worm Factory® is Easy to Manage:
The 16 page instruction manual makes the setup process fast and easy and gives detailed instructions on how manage the bin year round. Each tray holds 12.5lbs of compost which makes lifting and arranging trays effortless. The ventilation lid also contains a list of composting tips for quick reference.
The Worm Factory® Saves Time:
Let The Worm Factory® do the work for you! Instead of spending time turning piles of compost yourself and removing worms by hand, the multi-tray system separates the worms from the compost so you don't have to. Also, because the worms continually eat through your kitchen scraps and junk mail, nutrient-rich compost is produced at a faster rate than traditional ways of composting. This allows you to bring rich dark compost to your plants and gardens at a faster rate.
- Year Round Production
- Odor Free Operation
- Expandable with 1, 3, 4, or 5 Trays
- Easy to Assemble and Manage
- Ventilation Lid with Tips
- Can house 6 to 10 pounds of worms (depends on the number of trays) that consume 3-8 lbs of food per week
- 5 year warranty on parts and workmanship
- The Worm Factory® is made in the U.S.A.
- Includes a 16 page instructional booklet with pictures.
- Built-in worm tea collector tray and spigot for easy draining
- Measures 16" x 16" x 21" for a 3 tray system, 3.5" higher for each tray added
- The black bin is made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic
- The terracotta bin is made from food-grade plastic
- Weighs 15lb with 3 trays
- Operational in temperatures between 45 and 85 degrees
- Colors: Black, Terracotta, and Green
- 3 Tray - 13lbs
- 4 Tray - 14lbs
- 5 Tray - 15lbs
- Stacking Trays and Base
- Instruction Book
- 1 250gm Coir Brick
- Shredded Paper
- Ventilation Tips Lid
- Assembly Screws
- Worm Tea Collection Tray
CLICK FOR MORE INFORMATION ON CARE AND FEEDING OF WORMS